Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Going from a family of 3 to a family of 4

Some days I cannot believe that in 9 weeks or less we will have a family of 4. Two kids. Crazy stuff.

And although I am super excited and ready for E to be here, in some ways I am not ready at all. We have a routine and schedule here. We all know each others quirks, likes and dislikes. We know how to make H happy and we know how to deal with boy stuff. I can easily go to the grocery store or run into the mall with H, because I am used to it. We can handle a meal out and we can go to the zoo without much hassle. And most importantly, we give all our attention to our adorable, mostly sweet baby boy.

I know that we will love E just as much as we love H, and I know that eventually we will settle into a new routine and schedule. I know that SOMEDAY I will be able to run into Nordstrom to look at shoes and not have to worry about how to get my double stroller together. Someday.

What I worry about most though is H. Will he like his new sister? Will he be mad that we have someone else we have to care for too? Will he still want to hang with momma on the couch and watch CARS? I sure hope so.

So in an effort to make H feel as loved as we can, we are planning all kinds of fun "H" days in the coming weeks and months. We will be going to the zoo, trying out new fun places to play and going to the park. After E gets here we are planning to take him to his first real rockies game (just the three of us!), take him to a little water park just up the road, going to the reservoir to play with friends, golf outings and what I am sure will be his favorite, "Daddy Day" where daddy will take him out for a couple hours and they will do "boy" stuff- have doughnuts, play outside, go to a baseball game- whatever they feel like.

Here's to hoping that everyone settles into this family of four..... sooner rather than later!

No comments: