Thursday, April 8, 2010

Speaking of babies...

So with two kids, one boy, one girl, everyone seems to want to know, "Are you done now?"

The simple answer is no- we decided a long time ago that we would have at least 3 kids (I wanted four, Bryan was more on the three kid train) We love that our kids are almost exactly 2 years apart, and we hope to put the same amount of time in between Elizabeth and baby George number 3.

And although 2 years seems like a long time from now, in terms of giving birth two years from now, it means that we would have to start trying sometime next spring. And that seems close. Really close. I mean, a year flys by in the blink of an eye, especially with a toddler and a newborn.

It means a lot of other things for our family too- we need to move to have a third baby (we only have three bedrooms here), we would like to plan a babymoon with baby number 3, which means saving for a trip and trying to figure out who will watch our TWO kids, it means getting my body back in shape for pregnancy and learning how to deal with the two kids we already have!

The thought of being pregnant again is also overwhelming, I am not in love with the process, I never feel very attractive and if the next time is anything like this pregnancy I will feel icky for a couple months, and a 3 and 1 year old won't allow for much down time.

So there are my thoughts on more babies... and hopefully I am not alone in the feelings I have about our growing family!

1 comment:

Amy Franck said...

The good thing is that H will be in preschool by the time #3 is here and then he'll be in kindergarten shortly after baby arrives. And, I don't think you have to worry about the body... you typed this in your pre-pregnancy jeans!! We're talking about baby #2... thinking the next IVF will be March of next year :)